Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Final proposal for FMP

Proposal

Throughout this course I have shown an interest in pet photography and, as this is what I am interested in I would like it to be the subject of my final major project. Also, I have done documentary style photos, which I really enjoyed doing and was pleased with the outcomes so I think mixing these two things would be a good idea. I chose this subject, first because I'm just a huge dog fun and second because I think that the relationship that pets have with their owners is extremely interesting and worth to capture their moments.

I would like to do documentary style shoots but kind of posed shots of a client and her dog, which will make my project client led as well. I think to create genuine and down to earth images that show pets interacting naturally with their environment and owner is best to shoot the images at a place(s) where the client and the dog would be happy with and my subjects will feel comfortable and relaxed whether the images shot indoor or outdoor.

My influences for this final project will come from several photographers' work that I have looked at especially for this project, however I used Zach Rose as my main influence who has taken interesting, but also hilarious photographs involving pets and their owners.

To complete this unit I intend to use digital photography and Photoscape for post editing. I intend to shoot a series of images with my Canon ESO 1100D camera with a 18-55mm lens. I intend to use natural light, because in my experience natural light gives me the images that really capture their personality. I agreed the day of the shooting with the client and the time of the shooting will be on Friday the 27th of June around 6pm, so I will look at the weather forecast to be absolutely prepared for the day for the outdoor shooting. When we'll do the indoor shooting I will try to avoid using flash, because that usually washes out the colours and makes the images look less flattering as well. I intend to shoot the images on eye level and wide angle to involve the environment as well and make the subject pop out from the background. If needed I will get use of props to engage with the dog or just to simply add more interest to the image. My aim will be to capture their lasting moments and expressions in a creative way.

Like on these examples...






























No comments:

Post a Comment